Tuesday 15 July 2014

Off the Market


For a Confidant...
Congratulations are in order I guess,
Apparently word is finally she said yes
Though I celebrate with you because the effort paid off
I'll miss being able to text you at 3 a.m when I am an emotional mess
It's really not a big deal though so don't you stress
all about boundaries more or less
I mean I respect you and what you have
And I will cheer you on from a distance as it turns into love
But not too far, I still remain a friend
And you can call me your cheerleader
And I will encourage you even when the honeymoon shall end
But before it's over and you have so much to say
About how the way she walks and talks makes you smile all the way
You can count on me to listen to that love shit all day
I also promise to understand if for plans you are late
Or need to ditch me for an impromptu date
And because females are complicated I guarrantee the best of advice
That includes a shopping buddy for gifts
Nigga you won't even have to ask twice
And for all the pain and drama you saw me through in the past
I promise to be the one you can talk to when it will hurt that it didn't last
And if you ever give second chances that turn into heartbreak again
Call me the only female whose loyalty will remain
As I end this really bad nursery rhyme
I hope it works out for you this time...
So to the one I used to call at 3 a.m when I am a vulnerable confused emotional mess
Cheers but remember those boundaries will never keep me
From being that shoulder at 3 a.m when it's your heart that's under stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me tell me what you think...