Tuesday 14 January 2014

Philosophical Anthropology, Feminists and Trying... Blogging Day 1

So I have started blogging.Again. But this time I'll try to be serious. Emphasis is on the word TRY. The last two years of my journey as a writer(well retired because I dont write the way I used to earlier) can be described using that three letter word. TRY.
It starts with me TRYING to wake up early one day and saying how I will TRY to work harder and be more of the that writer girl I was back then. So I TRY. I grab this classic that's been gathering dust in my room and put it in my bag and say I will TRY to read it in that crazy traffic on my way to campus. When I get to school I do TRY to read it in between sending unnecessary text messages and having random conversations. Then somewhere in the middle of a boring lecture where I can barely keep my eyes open, I decide to pen down a few random lines. Actually I TRY.
I guess that's how I know I'm not the writer/poet I used to be because coming up with those three lines is a struggle. But thanks to a boring Dr. Whoever, at the end of those two hours I do have something. It isn't all that good but at least it's something right?
And pretty much that is where the story ends.
I don't get to reading that classic.
And when I get home and log on to my social media page and see how so many people around me are doing it big with their talents and all I have to show for my gift is a few quickly scribbled lines, I do feel guilty. I have a gift but I confess I tend to sit on it a little bit too much. What's worse is that though I would rather die in silence than admit this to anyone, Daddy wouldn't want me to be wasting my gift the way I do.
So I tell myself that the next day I will try harder. And I do, kind of.

To sum it up I can say that guilt did make me try starting a few blogs which I abandoned after a few posts.
 
But I am done being that kind of a girl. So this time when I say I will try... It is for real.

I recently reconnected with some old friends who inspired me a lot.
And aside from the joyous feeling of being with people who share your same passion for earrings, nail polish and all things feminine, the reason they inspired me was the warmth I felt being with them. Being with them, I was reminded that I am loved and accepted the way I am and that gave me even more energy to be that quiet writer girl I am. See it had been two years since I had seen most of them but really it felt like it had only been a minute.
Now that is how you know who your real people are.

THANK GOD FOR THE GIRLS.


Anyway... I'm back in Campus. A lot of philosophy units this time round.




While I was sitting during one of those lecturers I had a moment of poetic inspiration.
And well let the poetry speak for itself here....

 PHILOSOPHICAL ANTHROPOLOGY: DAY 1
Because man's level of humanity is gauged by his decisions in relation to others
and faith can be viewed as an illusion baseless because it lacks a base that can be proved Socratically
In a society premised on philosophy, morality and all such like marking schemes...
That really leaves no room for a liberal mind whose only unchangeable opinion is that we are because God is.
It is necessary for the question to be asked
were we really made to believe that life is really this complex??
you know what... screw Philosophy.

Megan Omare
November 13th 2013.


7 comments:

Enough about me tell me what you think...