Sunday 4 May 2014

M is for Motivation.

I tend to have a lot of 'have to' days. Days when I have to go to school because I can't miss that CAT or because if I miss anymore hours I will miss doing the exam and no one likes re-takes. Days when I have to get out of bed because if I don't my cat will starve. Days when I have to go to work because missing is just out of the question. Usually it's because I'm tired.
Physically; I've only had like an hour or two of sleep.
Emotionally; heartbreaks, PMS etc.
It all makes me hate the sun for faithfully rising and making me face the world. So I face it. Life.Just because I have to. And you know how I feel at sunset on a 'have to day'?  Worse. I achieve nothing. And I hate everything.
Scenario 2.
I also have my 'want to'  days. I wake up and I want to go and listen to a lecture for as long as I have to. I wake up and I want to see nature and spend time time with my cat. I wake up and I curse at the traffic because I really can't wait to get to work. How I feel at the end of the day is pretty obvious. I feel as if life is beautiful and is full of meaning. I don't know what makes me wake up like that though. Maybe a nice dream the night before. Needless to say these 'want to'  days don't come very easily.
Anyway the point I want to drive is that there is a difference. When you allow yourself to do things out of obligation, life becomes a chore and it lacks meaning. But when you do things because you love them, life gains meaning and slowly you find yourself fulfilling your purpose.
Everyday when the sun rises it gives you the option. To live and shine bright even through the darkest of clouds or to hate the world and hide as you live a dull life.
The choice is yours. Not everyday will start out as a sunny day but when you wake up you need to act like you know the clouds will clear up.
You can either take life as an obligation or a golden opportunity.
A billionaire was once asked what his motivation of getting out of bed every morning was and he said he does it because he wants to. He was living out his passion and though he was wealthy he still did it because he loves what he does.
I do admit I am going through a bit of a de-motivated phase. Getting up every day is proving harder than it should be but this month I am on a path to bloom where I am planted. So every morning I will try to wake up and be thankful for the gift of life then live it not because I have to,  but it because I want to. It may be hard but we'll see where it takes me.
Happy new month everybody:-) :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me tell me what you think...