Thursday 8 May 2014

Open letter to a role model

In my inexistent self actualized state,
I spend my days penning lines in the hope that they'll come out as enlightened as yours.
Reality.
In my living state as a sojourner struggling to make sense of life,
I steal moments in between what I am actually meant to be doing
And spend them scrolling through your works.
Captivated.
In your words my undocumented emotions come to life.
As well as my dreams.
The thoughts that haunt me in my lucid moments.
Intellect awakened
or as you so poetically phrased the feeling
darkness illuminated,
It's amazing how newly found truth becomes that nagging voice behind every action once insight is gained.
My ignorance exposed.
Sometimes the truth makes me feel naked but like an addict to his fix,
I come back.
That’s how I am convinced you are a hypnotist.
In your words I found inspiration.
In your descriptions I realized story telling is a vocation
So it follows I fall in love with every piece of purely poetic logic I find with every revelation.
Precious Philharmonic Poet,
In your poetry I discover my passion.
My deep rooted desire to give another mind the same intoxication
each piece of yours gives me.
And though I understand your desire to travel light through a world filled with freedom of noise,
I hope one day I will be able to access my archive of well articulated wisdom.
In my living state of a sojourner striving to make sense of it all,
life,
I am a self confessed addict of the arts
So please come back,
My bulldozing dose of elegantly elucidated prose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me tell me what you think...