Thursday 26 June 2014

TAKING STOCK


I have seen this template on a lot of blogs such as on Mumbi Shokey's blog and often on This is Ess and I like them because they kind of give glimpses into people's personalities which is cool. So here goes mine. Enjoy it...



Making: A simple beauty and style regime that I intend to maintain when I go back to school next sem because looking and feeling great always has a way of making you have a more productive day.

Cooking: Nothing much because I am lazy like that :-D. Though I did burn a finger making these potato stuffed chapatis last night. I am not a fan of too much chapati but I love potatoes and adding them to chapati takes the taste to a whole new level.

Drinking:Warm water because it is so cold outside. And tea because they serve a lot of it where I intern.

Reading:The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: Forever in Blue. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series was like my survival guide as a teen and even now there are a lot of simple lessons I still learn from it. However I never got to finishing the series and I finally downloaded the last installment. This book is just so heartwarming.

Wanting: Red Lip Stick. A lot of it. Mac Ruby Woo anybody?? And a new phone. Specifically the 5.8 inch one my mama has.

Playing: Right now nothing but I have been listening to a lot of Jhene Aiko lately. Especially this track July with Drake. Such a nice song and the fact that it happens to be cold makes the song the perfect one to sing along to as I walk in the rain.

Deciding:What I'll wear tomorrow. I never stop thinking about that. And also what I want to major in back in Campus.

Wishing: Tribalism would just end in this country. I hate it and it's everywhere. We need to start viewing ourselves more as #tribeKenya because at the end of it all we are one people.

Enjoying:  This cute little body spray: Charms Life from Dear Body. It smells so sweet and has this vanilla undertone that I simply looooove. And my Flormar lip-gloss in shade L407 which is so red and bold and super long lasting. Best buy of 2014 and yes  I know I am not like a style/beauty blogger but  I am a huuge lip-gloss/ lip-balm junkie and when I find a life changing one... the world shall know about it!!.

Waiting: For the next two weeks to end so I can finally get time to go to buy series from my DVD guy and indulge in my favorite pastime of watching meaningless reality television i.e. Love and Hip Hop!!!! I am yet to watch LHHATL season 3 and the complete 4th season of the New York one but from what I've been reading online the drama is like even more so I can't wait!!

However, I will start watching meaningful TV. Someday.

Wondering: I don't know. I think about a lot so I can't point out one distinct thought.

Loving: All the people who do these random little things that put a smile on my face like leave a sweet comment whenever I share a post on my social media pages or give a lift on a rainy day or give compliments. I am all about little acts of kindness and I do appreciate the love.

Considering: The possibility that I should reconsider my career choices. Been thinking about that a lot lately.

Watching: The Regular Show. This cartoon is too too dumb. Always makes me smile after a long day.

Hoping: That the situation in this country shall get better and that in my lifetime I shall get the courage to be the change I want to see.

Marvelling :At how stylish Kenyans are. I am following like a looooooot of Kenyan style and beauty bloggers and I just love how Kenyans Kill it.

Wearing: A lot more boots because of the cold weather. In fact today I have a pair on and a red dress which I am starting to think is a bit short and not as suitable for the work place as I'd want it to be. Ooops!


Red dress and boots to work, yay or nay? The picture quality is the reason I need a new phone or DSLR:(

Following: Hmmm... anyone and everyone's blog just as long as there is anything beautiful on it... I am however exploring Sharon's You Tube Channel that is pretty amaze-balls. The father's day tribute video was so sweet it almost made me cry.

Knowing: That the week is over... Yaaaay. The weekend has been missed.

Thinking: Of ways to increase traffic to this blog. I am proud of it and it's time to share my mind with the world.

Feeling: Happier. Because lately I've realized every day is a gift too precious to waste on being anything but happy and grateful.

Admiring: I know this is crazy but The Matatus that ply my route. Kenyans know how to get creative and they are these recent ones that have been pimped so nicely, they are actually a joy to look at and ride in. Go creative Kenyans!

Sorting: umm pass...

Buying: Lip Gloss and internet bundles. It sucks not having WiFi at home :(

Bookmarking: Dear Doris. The author of this blog just has a style of writing that makes me laugh and go all WTF?! That to me is the definition of something interesting. Read it.

Giggling: Because of these Kermit the frog memes that are all over Instagram. People are just cray!
But that's none of my business lol.

Helping: People out at work.  I love being able to assist these guys any chance I get.


P.S
Feel free to drop a link if you have used this template before. I love discovering new blogs

2 comments:

  1. Dream chasing...the revelation wow i like it,sounds poetical in a way :) i love your stock take,truly awesome.I already took the second one here it is http://wairimumurigi.blogspot.com/2014/06/taking-stock-002.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) will definitely check it out.

      Delete

Enough about me tell me what you think...