Tuesday 3 March 2015

I Saw You Again In a Dream

I close my eyes and see you
My subconcious evidently more alive than my concious.
Amazing how in seeing you I feel a happiness I can never feel when I am awake.
Maybe love is eternally internal.
Or maybe I use this as just another defense for my laziness,
another justification and manifestation of how I am the perfect melancholic in constant desire of temporary peace..
Of a comforting little nap.
Yet I have this nagging sense that what I feel is much deeper.
I believe this is more of life's way of imprinting you in my memory.
Your way of staying relevant.
Of making sure I never stop missing you..
It's that sense of peace I get when you visit me in my dreams.
It's the way I curse my alarm clock when I open my eyes on the morning after
that reminds me once upon a time you were real
and the bitter-sweet realization that follows...
Oh joy! It was a dream.
A sweet sweet dream.
But sadly, that's all that it remains.
Just a dream.

3 comments:

Enough about me tell me what you think...