Sunday 5 April 2015

Taking Stock:Quarter Way There.

Hello and Happy New Month. We are officially a quarter way done with 2015 and what a great time to take stock and see how you have come along with this year.  So take a minute to look back on the goals you had set for the year. How far have you come in achieving them? Are you still moving in the direction you had set out or has life made you change course and you need to re-define yourself? As we continue chasing our dreams and figuring out this phenomenon called life it is good to have a little benchmark which we can use to compare our progress. So this month take a minute to reflect, take stock and psyche yourself to move on.
Anyway, here is my taking stock post for this quarter. Enjoy and if you are a blogger I challenge you to copy this template and share it on your blog.  It is a quick and easy way to share a little of your beautiful mind so that your readers get to know more of who you are.
Making: Countless draft posts for the Story Moja Blog. This year I'll be writing for the Story Moja Blog and I am super excited to see what my brain is capable of creating.
Cooking: Not a damn thing at all. Eating, on the other hand a lot of freshly made chapatis.
*takes a break to grab some tea*
Drinking:Hmmm..  to lie or not to lie? Okay so I took Jane Mukami's 21 day water challenge and failed miserably. I think I'm just not the biggest water fan. But I know this must change so I will still embark on this quest to make water a habit.
Reading: The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. I have searched for this book for a while and I am super happy to have finally got it.
Playing: Hill climb Racing on my phone. Weird? I know. But for some reason I am just addicted to this simple game. I am also into a lot of brain training games. For anyone who also wants apps that can help boost your mental abilities e.g multi-tasking, arithmetic abilities etc I recommend the following Android Apps: Peak, Lumosity and Elevate. All available in the Playstore.
Wishing:I could pause and rewind time. These days just go by so fast. Sigh.
Enjoying: My holiday. I have been sleeping for like 18 hours a day and I have no regrets. One thing that is for sure is that I earned it.
Waiting: To start my new internship next week. I feel this weird mix of excitement and nervousness. I hope this one will go well.
Loving: My new braids. I feel so ready for the rainy season now.
Watching:(and re-watching) Empire.
So,  if you have no idea what this show that has taken over the entertainment spotlight is all about, I am sorry we just cannot be friends. We cannot at all. :-)
Hoping:(and praying) that all will be well with the victims of the recent Garissa Massacre. My prayers are with them and with this nation. May the Lord protect us from all evil.
Marvelling: At the beauty of sunset. Nature is just so beautiful.
Wearing: My pyjamas as I type this. They  feel so cuddly and soft.
Following: Andrew's blog. This cool friend has this way of writing that is just amazing. Love it.
Feeling: A myriad of emotions. Worried, peaceful, restless, grateful, nervous. I don't know. Could be PMS.
Bookmarking: The Story Moja Blog
AND IN OTHER NEWS..
I know I have been dropping hints the entire post. But once again let me say that I am looking forward to being a contributor for  this year's story Moja Blog. I am super excited because it will be a platform for me to play around with my talent. So watch out for my posts on Thursdays and Fridays. I will also try to repost some of the articles after they appear.
Last year the very same blog featured some amazing articles so I highly recommend you bookmark it as we wait very anxiously for this year's edition of the Story Moja Hay Festival.
Love,
Me aka Meg the Amateur Poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me tell me what you think...