Monday 8 June 2015

The Sojourner's Sailor


Because life is a finite infinity that has and always will remain a mystery
so to figure out my path in this maze of the mortal
I need guidance from a source of knowledge that remains immortal.

Because hope though it springs eternal,
can only flourish if its flame is fired from a source that isn't internal
so to give myself the energy to carry on one more day
I look to one whose track record surpasses more than just the ordinary.
Therefore my kind of belief causes me to  hold on a little longer because I believe in one who is unimaginably stronger.

Because in my innate imperfection,
I look to one who is perfection itself
so for every one of my undoings
my creator is a being capable of re-doing, re-building and re-creating 
me into an earthling that is the greatest that ever was and will be
based on my hidden strengths, despite my inherent weakness.

Because I am a wanderer,
and sometimes I wander far from the truth.
So I seek one who is patience personified and is able to forgive ceaselessly.
So the one who I believe in waits.
Not just for me but for my kind,
mankind.
I therefore look to the father of time.

I believe in a creator who created everything in its entirety.
The inventor of diversity,
and therefore I choose  a life that celebrates beauty.
 I believe in a father that provides everything
The master giver
therefore I choose a life of being the eternally grateful and humble receipient.
I believe in all-knowing guide who understands this maze of life better than I ever will
therefore I submit myself in my simple state as a sojourner struggling to make sense of everything.
Reluctant though I may be to fully release the reigns,
I still remain a mortal who has learnt to believe in an Indomitable  Immortal to safely sail me in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me tell me what you think...