Wednesday 1 July 2015

Taking Stock in Joyful July

Time does go quickly. It's a new month and while a part of me is battling with letting go of the happy feels and memories the last month brought, I also want to celebrate time.

I think the beauty about it is how it has this ability to do so much:
As time passes by, it brings new pain with the same energy that it heals old wounds.
As time passes by, it brings change with the same energy that it shows you how you can also stagnate if you refuse to deal with it.

Change scares me a lot. But the promise of better days to come, better memories and greater love, even though they will come after a lot of pain and hurt, keeps me still open to its scary winds.
So as this month begins, I hope to cling to that promise and I hope you will too.


Happy July beautiful earthlings...



And now for my taking stock post:



Cooking: Tomato soup. I have a recipe which I totally nailed the first time I tried it. Feeling all Gordon Ramsey right now. Tomato soup and fresh bread anybody?

Drinking: Let me lie and say lemon tea. Because I am dreaming of that right now.
Reading:The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. A friend rated it highly so I hope I'll fall in love with it too.

Playing: Colouring. Because I realized I am an eight year old at heart and so I decided to download a coloring app on my phone. Please do not judge me. Please :)

Wishing Grateful: For the gift of everything. I am alive and blessed to be. And I am blessed to have so many beautiful people around me who are literally just diamonds in my life. I thank God for them and for everything. Today let me take a minute to not want but to celebrate.

Enjoying: Life. And the simple things like taking a nice long walk to work with your music playing loud on a cold day. I am starting to feel a little more happier and at peace. Or rather I am starting to embrace a life filled with more positivity and peace. And it feels so good.

Waiting: ummm... for a lot so pass.
Loving: My very damaged but finally starting to grow a bit hair. Shout out to everyone on a hair journey like me.

Watching: Being Mary Jane season 2. There is a plot twist somewhere I really didn't like (read we want David back) but c'est la vie. I am still addicted.

Hoping: That the semester I am about to start will be bearable. At the very least.
Marvelling: At how I have a mother who is the number diamond in my life. Cheers to women who go hard for their children. If it wasn't for the blessing of an old school, loving and hardworking mama, I'm not sure where I'd be. And my daddy too. His legacy still illuminates my life 3 years after his passing. I had and still have the greatest parents ever.
Wearing:Matte red lipstick. I reference my history of being a lipstick junkie :)

Following:A bunch of smart intellectual cookies on twitter. Yes, I decided to join the twitter-verse because apparently that's where all the witty, cool and creative people are. A welcome change from the filth you sometimes can't quite get away from on Facebook. Follow me before I retreat into introverted writer mode and make my account private. I just might follow back.
My handle is  @the_amateurpoet

Feeling: Unsure. But peaceful. Praying in the morning helps by the way.

 
Bookmarking:  One Magunga's blog. Writers like him are the reason I am even more excited for the Story Moja Festival this year. It would be such an honour to meet the brains behind this fantastic site.



Once again, happy July loves. I hope this month will bring nothing but Joy, love, inner peace and every good thing that could possibly happen to you.

One more thing, my quote for the month.....




(all images from Google)

Okay. Bye :-**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me tell me what you think...