Wednesday 31 December 2014

Diary of the Melancholic Traveller: Reflections when it's over

Dear Diary,
It has taken me a while to write this partly because of my cold and also I cannot believe it's over.
Honestly Friday was a really sad day and after a heavy breakfast we hit the road. On our last game drive we were lucky enough to catch some elephants up close on our way out. I felt kind of sad taking it all in and knowing it would be a while till I got to see the magnificent scenery again.
Once we were out of the reserve I pretty much fell asleep for the entire drive back home which is quite long.
We started our journey at 8.30 am and arrived in Nairobi at around 2 pm.
All in all I can say it was a fantastic vacay.
Kenya is really beautiful and it is indeed no wonder that The Mara is as big an attraction as it is.
I also applaud the staff at all the hotels we stayed in. They took being very welcoming to a whole new level and I did feel very cared for.
And our tour company(Global Star Tours) did a very great job coming up with our package and our driver, Maina, well he was awesome.
I think what makes a safari in the wild more awesome besides staying at a great location is having a driver who is as patient and as friendly as the one we had. Plus the way he manouevered through those muddy tracks in the Mara was just out of this world. He was truly a great one.
So that's it. My awesome Christmas in the wild. I can't wait to do this again next year.
Love,
The Melancholic Traveller who had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enough about me tell me what you think...